Baby Bar – 100 % Olive Oil & Goats Milk Baby Soap!
It is important to remember that a baby’s skin is much more delicate as well as thinner compared to adults. Which is why it is essential to choose soaps with the best ingredients. Without the detergents, surfactants or other toxins that would absorb into your baby’s skin.
Goats milk and Olive oil are wonderful for baby’s skin and this is why:
- Goats milk, is is loaded with vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C and E, minerals, amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids, natural enzymes, and a variety of other nutrients that nourish and revitalize newborn baby’s skin. Goats milk is also the same pH as baby’s skin, making it hypoallergenic to most skins. Commercial brands make theirs with just water.
- Olive oil, is a vitamin E-rich oil powerhouse that can help your baby’s skin stay healthy, protected and soothed. Olive oil does not strip away the natural oils that are on your babies skin.
- Olive oil soap is hypoallergenic, so you are less likely to experience an allergic reaction when using it. A 2008 publication of “Pediatric Dermatology” found that olive oil was a suitable ingredient in creams used on pre-term infants.
- Our olive oil soap contains only natural ingredients, as opposed to many other soaps that contain sodium laurel sulfate, a known skin irritant and potential toxin.
- Olive oil is also known to contain a fatty acid called oleic acid, which is believed to make the skin more permeable. This means the skin absorbs water and oil into your baby’s skin, thus making it soft and supple.
Glycerin, a byproduct of the soap-making process, is retained in all our natural soaps. Glycerin is highly moisturizing — it actually absorbs water from the air. Commercial soap producers usually, remove the glycerin from their products to use for other purposes.
We recommend our Baby Bar, for newborns to 2 months old ( but you can use it till your 102 years old). We do this because this Goats Milk, Baby Bar is super mild and moisturing, it does not suds up like our other bars. It is more lotion like or silky. Olive oil is a lighter, softer oil and does not make the bubbles that other oils do.
For baby’s 3 months to 6 months old ( but you can use it if you are a 106 years old), we recommend our Bouncing Baby Bar, it is 70% Olive Oil, 20% Coconut Oil , and 10% Palm Oil. This is a sudsier Goats Milk Baby Bar, that has more bubbles.
7 months to adult, you can use any of our Goats milk soaps, the base on most of our soaps (unless specified) are 50% Olive Oil, 30% Coconut Oil and 20% Palm Oil. On the older babies, test a small area on the top of one of their feet to see if they have any relergic reations to the individual essential oils that are in the bars. If they don’t, then they are good to go!
Kids love smells as much as we do so, if the Oatmeal and Honey Soap bar makes them happy, or it’s the Lemon & Mint, that catches their fancy, then all the better. Keeps’em in the tub a little longer and they come out a little cleaner. that is a win win for both parents and child!