Goat Milk Lotion Benefits
The benefits of goat milk lotion are many. Lets take a look at why.
This goat milk lotion is made with pure goat milk from our herd of Lamancha goats. We milk our goats bright and early every morning. A lot of the milk goes to our products and a good bit goes to us for drinking, cheese, yogurt and homemade ice cream. Our goats are feed grass and alfalfa off of our pastures here at Silly Goats Farm in South-Central Kentucky. Goat’s milk is loaded with 50 essential vitamins and skin nourishing minerals. Let me tell you a little about why our natural lotion is so good.
Why Use Goat Milk Lotion?
- Vitamins & Minerals – Goat Milk has vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, D and E. All wonderful for nourishing and keep healthy skin. Also in our goat milk is a wonderful mineral is selenium. Selenium is known to help prevent skin cancer and to help that sun damaged skin. Upstate New York ( as in most of the farm lands in America) is known to have a selenium deficiency in our soil so, our goat’s are given selenium & copper boosters on a regular schedule, along with free-choice minerals which are transferred into the fresh milk.
- Anti-inflammatory – Goat milk reduces skin inflammation due to its fat protein content. The cream in goat’s milk is a moisturizer, soothing dry and damaged skin, possessing an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Anti-Aging – Goat milk is known for healing and rejuvenating skin. Goat milk is rich in Caprylic Acid, Lactic Acid, an Alpha-Hydroxy Acid. Alpha-Hydroxy Acid penetrates in to the top layer of the epidermis of the skin, removes dead skin cells, and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, creating new, younger, brighter Skin.
- Doctors have recommended using goat’s milk soap for those who suffer from acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and sun burn. Goat’s milk does not leave your skin feeling dry or irritated; it leaves you feeling naturally clean and smooth.
Benefits Of Oils & Butter
- Olive Oil – is rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K. Each of these vitamins benefits the skin in their own special way. But the leader of this group is vitamin E;
it’s an antioxidant that protects the skin from damage caused by free radical
- Sweet Almond Oil – has been used for 100’s of years to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis. Improves acne. The retinoids in the oil may reduce the appearance of acne and improve cell turnover. Helps reverse sun damage.
- Avocado Oil – is rich in plant sterols and omega 9 fatty acids that provides your skin with all the essential nutrients and antioxidants leaving your skin well moisturized, soft and supple.
- Sunflower Oil – contains several compounds that have benefits for skin. They include oleic acid, vitamin E, sesamol, linoleic acid. Vitamin E is the leader in the pack here. Vitamin E acts as an emollient that traps moisture inside skin cells. Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that struggles against the damage done by free radicals. The anti-inflammatory benefits of sunflower oil for skin is evidently strong as the oil is high in Omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid.
- Shea Butter –The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in shea makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. A 2010 study found that due to its cinnamic acid and other natural properties, shea butter was anti-inflammatory. One compound in particular, lupeol cinnamate, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. Shea smooths skin and aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long-term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction
What about our preservative?
Everything in our lotion is made of organic material. Not including the water (which was never a living organism). Which means it has a shelf life and at some point in time will spoil or go bad. The question for us was how do we preserve these ingredients, especially the milk in our lotions and give it a long shelf life so our customers can enjoy this wonderful product and be able to keep it stable for a long period of time. We also wanted to be as natural as possible and not include any harmful chemicals in our other wise natural lotion.
After Extensive Research
We use the preservative Optiphen. Optiphen is a paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative system. This preservative provides optimized protection against microbial growth while imparting exceptional feel to the finished product. We add a “Best By Date” to all of our bottles of lotion on the day that they are made and the bottles are dated out 2 years. So the product is good for 2 years from the day it is made. Obviously you will want to use this natural product up in a timely manner and not leave it sitting on the shelf or in the cupboard for years on end, like you can with the commercial brand of chemically treated lotions you buy at your local chain store. We are confident in the science and testing of this preservative and it keeps our products safe and at the same time keeps our mission of making the best natural products avaiable.
The natural properties in Goat Milk cannot be reproduced in any man-made body product!
It’s God given and unique.
You may have very dry skin, normal skin. You may suffer from eczema or psoriasis. What ever the state of your skin you can benefit from all the goat goodness that are in our goat milk lotions. To add to all the benefits of goat milk, we make our lotions 100% all natural, with sweet almond, avocado, sunflower oil and shea butter, along with a paraben and formaldehyde free preservative.
Experience the benefits of our goat milk lotion today.